Welcome!

Welcome to my blog where you'll find a variety of INpowering truths, Tiney Thoughts and Twittistry,org.
If you are looking for a niched blog,
this isn't it, but the common thread for all of my post is JESUS.

Jump right in to be a blessed and to be a blessing by sharing your thoughts/comments. Feel free to CLICK follow AND subscribe to this blog. Links to our website and online resources are on the right, go ahead and check them out. Blessings!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Are You Becoming Different?

The last few days have been spent ministering and sharing with wonderful people who suffer from depression. I think “suffer from” is more appropriate than suffer with …after all, depression is not suffering when the individual yields to it, it is very happy to bring us to a point of brokenness. But I have to ask myself why so many people are going through so many cycles of depression and not experiencing the deliverance power of Jesus Christ to set the captives free. Maybe, Jesus really doesn’t set us free and maybe it is our destiny as Christians to be in constant bondage to whatever the enemy decides to send our way---NOT!


The ability to “overcome” comes with God’s spirit of abiding. Abiding is something we have to do for ourselves if we want our joy to be full (John 15:11). We can’t be up and in the clouds all the time but even in times of adversity we can experience and walk in God’s joy which is never suicidal, never despondent, never lethargic, angry and never overtaken by fear.

John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

Of course we know that to abide means to remain but it also means “not to become another or different”. There is an implication here since we know that Jesus is the same yesterday, today or forever we have to ask ourselves if Jesus isn’t changing who is? Who’s becoming different? Who has become 'another'? Who moved? Who detached? If we remain attached(dwell, tarry, and continue) to be where Jesus abides then we are promised that our joy will remain full. NO, not promised that we won't have to endure anything contrary, adverse or unplesant--just promised FULL JOY.... somebody moved. Who is it?  Another Tiney Thought~

Camera club at http://www.ebbystouch.ning.com/
On twitter at www.twitter.com/gapmin
On facebook at www.facebook.com/gapmin
On calledWoman Network at http://www.calledwoman.com/
blog comments powered by Disqus