Welcome!

Welcome to my blog where you'll find a variety of INpowering truths, Tiney Thoughts and Twittistry,org.
If you are looking for a niched blog,
this isn't it, but the common thread for all of my post is JESUS.

Jump right in to be a blessed and to be a blessing by sharing your thoughts/comments. Feel free to CLICK follow AND subscribe to this blog. Links to our website and online resources are on the right, go ahead and check them out. Blessings!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Embracing Jeremiah's Fire

A recent conversation with a fellow prophet-pastor regarding the prophetic call brings me to this post; honestly I have yet to meet a prophet eager to flow in their call. I did my fair share of "oh, not me Lord, please!"

I'm not speaking of being obedient to God here but because the assignment carries with it such a tremendous burden for God's people few embrace it quickly.
Jeremiah highlighted what many prophets experience as they obey the voice of the Lord Jeremiah in 20:7
O LORD, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived: thou art stronger than I, and hast prevailed: I am in derision daily, every one mocketh me.
Jeremiah in obedience to God's voice had cried out and warned Pashur the priest of pending destruction to come upon he and his household, including his friends and the kings of Judah. Jeremiah determined in himself that he would not speak. Every prophet will encounter Jeremiahs' delima--"I will not speak of him" due to the hardship that comes when one delivers the word of the Lord.

This is a challenge for those who covet the assignment of prophet when God has not assigned them to that position in the body of Christ. Like Jeremiah many prophets (emerging and seasoned) will find themselves wanting to forbear and not speak any more of him or even speak in his name. Likewise those same prophets that God has anointed and appointed will expereince Jeremiahs' fire--shut up in their bones. it is inevitable for the one truly called to the ascension gift of prophet.
blog comments powered by Disqus