Welcome!

Welcome to my blog where you'll find a variety of INpowering truths, Tiney Thoughts and Twittistry,org.
If you are looking for a niched blog,
this isn't it, but the common thread for all of my post is JESUS.

Jump right in to be a blessed and to be a blessing by sharing your thoughts/comments. Feel free to CLICK follow AND subscribe to this blog. Links to our website and online resources are on the right, go ahead and check them out. Blessings!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Faith Comes By Tweeting The Word Of God

UNtweeted--Romans 10:17 and 1 Cor 6:12
This is not from one of our twitter feeds but I wanted to share it.

I read today that many pastors are encouraging the people to twitter during church service; sending tweets that highlight their sermon points and notes etc. Wow, we have come a long way and this is something the tech age will definately be interested in but does it add value or distract from hearing?

Faith does come by hearing the word of God, or maybe it comes by tweeting the word of God. I'm certainly not going to knock it. Some people can tweet and pay attention and be blessed and others would be distracted by it so I'll say it's on a person by person and church by church basis. Every body of believers and every individual in the body needs to know their own limitations, boundaries and convictions.

I'm sure someone will find a scripture that was not canonized that says THOU SHALT NOT TWEET IN CHURCH. It may be an unpardonable sin.

Personally, I would not do it. I like to give God my undivided attention. I like to listen for his still small voice speaking to me as I hear the word. I have shared time and time again that it's back to bible basics ....PLUS I would not want to distract anyone else. There are some things that are lawful but not expedient and for me this would be one of those things....it would so easily beset me by becoming a distraction from the word of God.

But for those of you knocking it as you pick your nails with the bulletin, allow your mind to drift to other non-related things, play with the babies around you and look diligently for aunt Susie; wondering why she didn't come to church today you may as well send her a tweet because you are distracted anyway. LOL \0/
blog comments powered by Disqus